What you need for the salsa chicken:
2-3 chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa (I like On the Border Medium)
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 can of Cream Of Chicken soup (I prefer healthy request or fat free)
1 cup of sour cream
What you need for the rice:
16 ounces of chicken broth (I always use fat free, low sodium)
1 can of Original Rotel
1 cup of brown rice (real rice, not minute rice)
What you do:
1. Put your chicken breasts in the crock pot.
2. Mix in the jar of salsa, taco seasoning and the cream of chicken soup.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours
4. about 45 minutes before serving, go ahead and get your rice going. You want to bring to a boil your chicken broth and Rotel.
5. Once boiling, add in 1 cup of rice, cover, lower heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated/rice is cooked. This takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes.
5. After you add the rice, go ahead over to your crockpot and add 1 cup of sour cream to the mix and stir.
6. Once the rice is cooked, you are good to go! Enjoy! I like to pour a little of the sauce over my rice. Yum yum yum!
Another serving idea is to shred the chicken and serve it over the rice, or in a flour shell almost like an enchilada.
On the menu this week is:
Chili (two times)
Chicken Burrito Bowl(new recipe, I am going to sort of make it up as I go!) and Cilantro Lime Rice
For lunches I am having Udon Noodle Soup and edamame most days this week.