Who doesn’t love a Dr Seuss themed breakfast??? So I have a confession to make. I have never made a frittata before. Can you believe it??? I actually hate eggs, but I don’t mind them so much when they are cooked in with other things. This was so easy and it turned out delicious!!! I plan to heat it up all week for Chris and I in the mornings as a grab and go breakfast.
What You Need
1 yellow onion, diced
4 green onions, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
10 large eggs
1 package of Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
6 ounce package (or 6 slices from deli) Applewood Smoked Ham
1 package of baby spinach
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet, add yellow onion and green onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add baby spinach and cook another 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Drain the onions and spinach in a colander and press out any addition water. (I used the spatula to do this.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the 10 eggs. Add in the ham, cheeses and black pepper. Then stir in the onion/spinach mix.
- Grease a baking dish with the remaining olive oil and melted butter. Pour mixture in and cook for 25-30 minutes. You want it to be slightly browned, puffed and set. I let it cool around 15 minutes on the counter before serving.
That looks delicious!
I love a good egg baked yummie!!! A good way to sneak in some veggies.
Yum!!! We make a very similar recipe in a silicon muffin pan and it is great to grab & go!!
Ohh yum! I’ve never made a frittata before either, but this looks so good– and I like that the green doesn’t actually come from the eggs 😉
Yum! I Love frittatas and I’m glad you do too now!!! 😉 It’s such a delicious breakfast! Although, I’ll admit we’ve made it for dinner before too lol!
Holy deliciousness! This looks amazing, and yay for organic eggs and butter 😀
I love frittatas. I definitely would love to try this one out.
This looks so tasty! I love anything with eggs. Beautifully Candid
yum yum yum! I am saving this. Make ahead re-heat breakfasts are my jam and my goal right now. I love all of these things… so I need to make this SOON! 🙂 Thank you for sharing girl! XO – Alexandra
Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
Looks SO GOOD! Is it similar to a quiche? I make quiche… one of my faves!