It is Friday people! About time, am I right?! That means it is time to link up with Joy for the Friday Five!
1. My oldest niece Haven is the homecoming queen this year!!! How awesome is that? My sister texted me this picture and I couldn’t be more proud. How cute is she in her little uniform and crown? She looks so tiny next to that football player!
2. I have officially pulled out my fall and winter nail colors, and I couldn’t be more excited! I have been on a kick about having my finger nails painted. Normally I never paint them because they usually chip immediately from typing, but I have managed to paint my nails two weeks straight. Maybe a new thing for me…I dunno? I haven’t been biting them since painting, so it can only be a good thing! (That doesn’t mean that I don’t still bite around them….baby steps people. Baby steps.)
3. I have had a few people ask me what I put in my green smoothies in the mornings. In this order, I put about 3 huge handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (and usually a splash more than half a cup), 2-3 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt (regular fat free kind, I cant stand that Greek yogurt shit it is too sour cream tasting for me), a cup of frozen strawberries and a banana. Sometimes I do half a cup strawberries and half a cup pineapple to switch it up. Just blend it until it looks lean, mean and green! That is a regular Ninja blender that I am using. It is AWESOME and much cheaper than those $300 nutro-whatever blenders. Gotta save those dolla dolla bills!
4. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I am sure you have all seen the one pan chicken dinner on Pinterest. I have made this meal once before and it was pretty good so we did it again last night! All you do is take chicken breasts, green beans (canned and drained or fresh) and some new potatoes and place them all in one 9 x 13 pan. You then sprinkle one pack of Italian dressing on it and pour a little melted butter over it and place it in the over for one hour at 350 degrees. Bada bing bada boom winner winner chicken dinner!
5. And because I haven’t photo bombed you with cuteness lately, Mac and Gracie! Or shall I call them hoarder of the dog toys. Gracie loves to use their stuffed toys as pillows. Cracks me up!