Well. summer is officially here and in full swing…and has been down south! I sort of forgot about my spring goals towards the end of the season because I hit it hard out the gate and accomplished several things quickly. While I didn’t complete everything, I feel I did pretty well. Let’s take a look.
1. Read at least two books. The Longest Ride, The Best of Me, Attachments, One For the Money, Two For the Dough, Three to Get Deadly – I really have been on a reading kick lately and it makes me so happy to be back!!!
2. Watch at least three new to me movies. The Wolf on Wall Street, Anchorman 2 – I only watched two new ones. Oops.
3. Study and research different nutrition and healthy lifestyles. I have read up a lot on the Whole 30 diet and some information on the Paleo lifestyle. I also did some research on essential oils, as I would like to get back more on a holistic path with some natural remedies.
1. Make an eye doctor appointment to get prescription sunglasses. – Yeah didn’t happen. I hate having my eyes dilated so I keep putting this off.
2. Complete T25 and start a new work out program. (I am currently on week 4 of Beta with T25) I finished the first two months of T25, both Alpha and Beta cycles. I decided that instead of moving into Gamma, I wanted to try another program. I started Body Beast and am currently on the last phase!
3. Incorporate more work outs than just my morning work out program Monday – Friday. On the days that I have shorter strength training, I do an extra work out of cardio, which usually is a T25 work out from Alpha. I have also been fitting in random reps of crunches when I think about it.
4. Complete both the 1800 minute challenge and the 90 days til summer challenge. I know I worked out more than 1800 minutes in the challenge, and I have kept up with my work out part of the 90 days challenge.
1. Turn the dog room into more than just the dog room/storage room. Make it functional and organized. – Yeah…I still haven’t finished this. I did work in the room for a little bit but I think my motivation isn’t there because I need some type of pretty desk or something to work around.
2. Clean the garage and get rid of EVERYTHING that we do not need. – I did start this, and unboxed a few boxes, swept and got rid of some stuff. I did not go through everything though.
3. Start collecting items for the gallery wall. – I’ve got nothing.
1. Try a new food that I wasn’t willing to try before. I tried brussesl sprouts for the first time as an adult. I don’t hate them. I have added some sliced brussels sprouts into my salads and have actually enjoyed it.
2. Eat at two new to me restaurants. Jack Brown’s Beer and Burgers and Ocarrs. I have been to both two times now! Also, I tried Side Bar for lunch with a friend shortly after they opened, but they no longer serve food…but it still counts!
3. Try three new recipes. Sweet Potato Chips, Salsa Rice, Cheesy Chicken Potatoes, Spicy Chicken Rigatoni, Blue Cheese Chips, Bean Soup (recipe to come)
1. Continue with staying in more on the weekends than going out. We spent a few weekends on our deck. We had my sister and her family over for dinner one weekend. There were a few weekends when we only left the house for maybe one meal on a Saturday. We have been certainly not going out and spending as much money in the entertainment area as we have in the past.
2. Cut any excess spending. (services that aren’t being used, etc.) Participated in the Wallet Watch for April. With Chris’s research -We changed our cell phone plan to save money as well as went to a cheaper package with Direct TV as we don’t watch 90% of the channels that we had. Chris also took inventory on several services that we pay for and realized that we were being over charged and we received two great refund checks! Score!
3. Come up with a savings plan goal. Chris came up with a budget for us and it includes moving some money into savings every month. Now we actually have to start following said budget!
Well, I didn’t make my eye appointment again this time around. If you remember, that was a goal that carried over form winter. Like I said, I freaking hate going but I REALLY need to go soon! I also failed on all the home goals, and I only watched 2 new movies. Which, let’s face it…I spend a lot of time in front of the TV….so missing a movie is no big deal.
For summer, I am going to keep it simple.
1. Make an eye dr appointment and get prescription sunglasses.
2. Finish Body Beast and start another work out program.
3. Continue to add in extra work outs on top of whatever program I am following.
4. Cut cheat eating down to one or two meals a week and not an entire weekend.
5. Try three new recipes
6. Try three new restaurants.
7. Read 2-3 books per month.
8 Visit Atlanta at least twice, make sure to see friends both times.
9. Start collecting stuff for my gallery wall.
10 Research stuff for fall gardening.
I think ten things is plenty for the summer! Anything else I do that is productive will just be an added bonus! I want to relax and enjoy the season. (The best that one can when it is hot as balls outside.)
Do you have any summer goals?