Blate and other Weekend Shenanigans

This weekend has been….eventful…to say the least!

Let’s start with the happies! This weekend was the Alabama Blogger’s March Blate. Joy is so precious, and she opened her beautiful home for all of us to meet. We had a great lunch, and wonderful conversation. I am so glad I got to know everyone a little better. There were a few girls that couldn’t make it, and they were very much missed!

And can we talk about the wonderful food!? I didn’t even eat dinner Saturday night because I was full of all the yumminess I consumed!
I brought cake batter dip as my “pinterest” recipe/craft. It is so easy to make and ALWAYS a crowd pleaser. All you need is a box of cake batter, 2 cups of nonfat plain yogurt and a tub of lite cool whip. Just mix it all together, and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Don’t forget a box of Nilla Wafers to scoop it up with! 
Joy was so sweet, and gave us all a little treat while we were there. It’s all green for St Patrick’s day, can she get any cuter?

I am also attempting to start my own little window seal herb garden. I started with Basil and Cilantro. I will see how I do with these, and if I can keep them alive…I may add a few more! I got these kits at Target, and they were just $1!

Saturday night did not happen quite as planned. I had to leave the blate early so that I could make it home to pack up my car, and Chris was to DJ at my niece’s 10th birthday party. My sister had this amazing party planned out, there were black lights, all the kids were wearing neon, fun music…even a fun cake that she made!
We started out running late getting there. On the way there, we were driving down the road we drive every day to get to the Interstate. All of a sudden a dark SUV came barreling down the hill, completely out of control! They swerved real hard towards our lane and barely missed my car. I was quite startled, but reacted quickly enough to keep us safe. There wasn’t really anywhere right there for me to turn to check on them. Right up the hill was a gas station where cops always hang out, sure enough there were 2 cars there and we stopped and told them what happened. They went off to check. I am fairly certain the driver was drunk.
I was shaken after this event, but I was alright. We stopped to get gas and headed on to my sisters. We were driving down the road my sister’s house is on, and were about 2.5 miles from her house. I saw a head pop out from the tall grass, and knew that I was going to hit it. I took my foot off the gas and applied a very light break, clipping the deer on its hip. I knew a hard break or a quick swerve would have made me lose control of my car. I had no other option. I heard the hit and screamed. I looked over at Chris and we were both ok. I kept driving. I started crying and shaking. I had a death grip on the steering wheel, and started to breath really hard. Chris kept asking me if I needed to pull over and let him drive. I just shook my head and said that I could do it. Chris grabbed my cell phone from my console and texted my sister for her and my dad to come outside their house to meet us when we got there. As soon as I pulled in the drive way, I couldn’t get out of my car fast enough. I instantly ran to my sister and hugged her, then sat in the drive way and had one of the worst panic attacks of my life. Chris sat there with me and held my hand. My dad ran outside and was checking my pulse. (He used to be a paramedic, and he is still a Volunteer Fire Fighter/Rescue Truck) They got me to calm down and start breathing. 
I gave my sister the keys to my car and told her to take it around back and start unloading all the equipment. Why am I such a wreck? I was in a horrible horrible car accident my senior year of high school. Pretty much totalled out my mom’s brand new blazer. It flipped and landed back on it’s tires on the opposite side of the road that I was on. The person that hit me never even tried to stop, and was driving 70 in a 40. I was in another car accident my sophomore year of college, someone rear ended my friends car when I was in it. I  have VERY quick reactions, yet the aftermath is always a panic attack. I swear the sound of impact will haunt me the rest of my life. 
My chest still hurts today. I am pretty sure that panic attack probably took about 6 months off my life. 
In other news, I am happy to report the deer lived. My dad and stepmom drove down the road once I calmed down, and it was no where to be found. You got lucky this time Bambi! Perhaps next time, you should look before crossing!!!!!
The kids at the party ended up having a great time once Chris was able to set up and start playing music. I love to watch little kids dance their hearts out! They were just so happy and full of energy!

Sunday morning is always a fun time to make a big breakfast!

The dogs were enjoying the sun Sunday morning. Got to love a little sunbathing in the back yard!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like


  • Reply Joy March 11, 2013 at 2:12 pm

    OH GIRL!!!! I’m so sorry y’all had a rough time getting to the party Saturday night. I wish I could have been there to give you a big hug!!! But I’m so glad you and Chris are okay!! Loved seeing you on Saturday! And we are still enjoying that cake batter dip! You are so awesome to have left it for us! Hope you have a great Monday… just breathe and enjoy the rain. =) Love you!

  • Reply Joanna @ JayBirds Flight March 11, 2013 at 5:23 pm

    ahhhhhh Puggle!

  • Reply Robin March 11, 2013 at 6:04 pm

    Isn’t that Sargento cheese delicious?

  • Reply Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs March 11, 2013 at 9:45 pm

    So great meeting you. I’m so glad you are ok and so is hubby. 🙂

  • Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.