When Stephanie hosts a link up…you link up! I am making it a tradition to do a year in review post each year. I did one last year for 2012 that you can find here. 2013 has been quite the year. It hasn’t been my favorite, I am not going to lie. But it was hard to top last year! I mean we got married, bought our first home, got new cars and new jobs! A lot of change and a lot of happiness!
- We are settled into our marriage and our new home.
I changed jobs back in June.
- We made it to the beach twice this year! Both trips were amazing and relaxing.
- We made several trips day trips to Huntsville.
- We met a new friend.
- We were fortunate enough to be able to upgrade to all the new gaming systems. PS4, Wii U, and Xbox One.
- My doctor has finally figured out what was wrong with me and got me on a treatment plan.
- I have been religiously working out FIVE days a week since July. I am so proud of myself for this.
- I turned 30 this August and have accepted it, and kind of like it! 30 really isn’t that bad!
- I have been struggling with dental issues all year. I had my wisdom teeth removed back in January, I had a crown done last month…and I have a few more procedures, including a surgery that will have to all be done next year.
- I hit a dear in my car back in March. It was scary!!!! No need to fear, the dear was just fine. The front end of my car? Not so much. Don’t they know to only cross at the deer crossing signs?!?! (Just kidding, I know that isn’t that purpose for those….but some people seriously think the deer are only supposed to cross there!!!)
- Chris and I managed to both get in a car accident on the same day! We were both rear ended, so at least it was no fault of our own. Unfortunately, the person who hit Chris had no insurance. It has been a NIGHTMARE dealing with that. Plus all the medical bills that we have had to pay out of pocket.
- I turned 30 in August. I am old. (This also made my good list, HA!)
We cant forget to talk about the best songs of 2013. I am going to be honest and say it wasn’t the BEST year ever for new music. In fact I know that my list of songs I cant stand from this year are tripled what I have enjoyed. But there have been a few gems that I love! These are in no particular order.
1. Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
2. Royals – Lorde
3. Wake me Up – Avicii
4. Marry Me – Jason Derulo
5. Clarity – Zedd
6. Roar – Katy Perry
7. Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
8. Sail – Awolnation
9. Summertime Sadness – Lana Del Ray
10. What Does a Fox Say – Ylvis (I know a lot of people hate it, but I cant help it!)
11. When I Was Your Man – Bruno Mars
12. I Drive Your Truck – Lee Brice
13. Mine Would Be You – Blake Shelton
14. Highway Don’t Care – Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw and Keith Urban
15. Wagon Wheel – Darius Rucker
I asked Chris to put together a list of his best of 2013 songs. He knows music WAY better than me. He has amazing taste. You will see a few repeats from my list but not many. Now I have to go add all these from him to my Spotify so I am cool too!
1. Sail -Awolnation
2. Summertime Sadness – Lana Del Ray
3. Freestylers – Cracks
4. Fly – Nicki Minaj
5. Work – Iggy Azalea
6. I Need Your Love – Calvin Harris
7. Anything Could Happy – Ellie Gold
8. Still The Same Man – Nicky Romero
I cant wait to see Helene’s list! What are your favorite songs from 2013? I am ready for 2014 and excited for what it might bring.