Three Creature Comforts
- Coffee. Allllllll the coffee.
- Hand cream. My hands are always dry and cracking any time of the year. But coming out of winter, and then add in the additional hand washing, because I was already hand wash freak before….and my hands are quite the mess! I feel like all my usual miracle fixes aren’t even enough anymore. I apply multiple times a day.
- Shipt and Instacart – I love going grocery shopping. I like to pick out my own stuff and get inspired by the foods I see. However, since in quarantine, we have been using grocery delivery services each week, and it has really helped! I cant imagine trying to take Zoe in to a store and worrying about her touching anything, so this has been a life line. We have had great shoppers and good experiences with both services.
Three Comfort Foods
- Peanut butter balls – I have been using Steph’s recipe for years now. Zoe and Chris are both obsessed and we make them at least once a week.
- Homemade cheez-its – Cut ultra-thin sliced cheese into fours and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 250 degrees for 35 minutes. A healthier version of your favorite!!!!
- Nuts – I take a bag of raw pecans, walnuts, etc and toss them in a tablespoon of butter and a tsp of salt and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. PERFECTION
Three New Recipes to Attempt – I am sharing two I have made during quarantine that I think you need to make, and one I want to try.
- Peanut Butter Pie – This is the keto friendly version, but you can use real sugar in place and a graham cracker crust if you don’t want to make your own nut crust. But I highly suggest trying this crust, it is easy and delicious!
- Everything But the Bagel Chicken – Delicious!
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken – We are going to make this later this week!
Three Things Entertaining Me Right Now
- Books! I have been reading a lot lately. And actual books/e-books over my usual audio since I haven’t been in the car. I just finished Tools of Engagement, so good!!! Currently reading The Dilemma from BA Paris.
- Social Media. Probably spend way too much time scrolling through Instagram and watching YouTube videos.
- Outside. Sounds silly, but having a nice piece of land and a back deck with comfortable furniture is something I am truly grateful for. We spend so much time on our back deck just hanging out, or I walk circles in our driveway while Zoe rides her bike. We have been playing soccer a lot lately in our side yard, and going for walks around our neighborhood. I love it so much!
Three Shows or Movies Recently Watched
- Greys Anatomy – Finally caught up to this show last week. Love.
- Law and Order SVU – Caught up on this just the other night.
- Frozen 2, Sofia the First and Fancy Nancy. All day. Every day. Lord help me.
Top Three Songs Played
- Savage – I am terrified Zoe is going to go to school and call someone ratchet. The kid loves this song.
- Faith by Galantis and Dolly Parton -If you haven’t seen this video, you really must watch, EPIC!!!!
- Take What You Want from Post Malone and Ozzy Osbourne – What???? Did you know this was a thing??? So awesome.
Three Recent Purchases
- Sunglasses – You know me and the black hole of Amazon sunglasses. I love these Celine dupes and I bought them in a color I wouldn’t normally go for. I LOVE these!!!!
- Phone Stabilizer – Chris bought this phone stabilizer things to do video with. I have to admit, it is pretty cool. The video quality you can get while moving is awesome!
- Kitsch Pillow Case – I have been wanting a silk/satin pillowcase for my hair and face. This is a great price point, cute styles and I really like it. I have noticed I dont have “pillow” face in the morning.
Three Things Keeping Me Sane
- Coffee and Diet Dr Pepper Creme Soda
- Working out. It has been such a crucial party of my mornings to hit at least 30 minutes of movement.
- Cleaning, purging, organizing. I have gotten a good amount of stuff down around our house being at home, and we still have more to do!
Three Things I Miss the Most
- Going out to eat
- Lunching with my friends.
- Strolling through HomeGoods and TJ Maxx
Three Things I Am Looking Forward To
- Seeing anyone
- Walking around a store alone
- That first bowl of chips and salsa at our favorite Mexican