Katie at Simply Call me Sylvia
nominated me for the Liebster Award. I am honored! I am still trying to become blog tech savvy, so I hope that I am doing this right! The award is to appreciate bloggers with under 200 followers, and well….Katie is the only one showing me love right now!
Here we go!
The rules are:
– Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
-They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them
-They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster Award with less than 200 hundred followers.
– These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog
11 things about me:
1. I am a newlywed, my husband and I got married on November, 10, 2012 and I am loving the married life.
2. I have 2 furbabies who I love dearly. Gracie, our 6 year old Puggle who is the sweetest most loyal dog on the planet. Mac, our 2 year old Maltipoo who is a crazy wild man, but very sweet and loving and always entertaining!
3. I have more TV shows that I keep up with on a weekly basis than I would like to admit. My must watch shows are: Revenge, How I Met Your Mother, Law and Order SVU, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, South Park, Tosh.0, Two and Half Men, Grey’s Anatomy…and probably more that I am forgetting at the moment. I can’t help it, when I come home I like to just relax and watch mindless TV for at least an hour while I eat dinner, and snuggle with the dogs or my husband 🙂
4. I love looking through antique stores. They are full of things that you don’t need but can’t figure out why you have lived your life so long without! Plus, they usually tend to bring back fond childhood memories of Care Bears, old school Nintendo games, and other such shenanigans. Chris and I spent nearly 3 hours at our favorite spot in Birmingham one Saturday, and can’t wait til we return!
5. I am a sucker for chick flicks and funny movies. If I really like a movie, chances are that I will watch it over and over again. Since the movie channels are good at doing just that, Chris and I have probably seen Crazy, Stupid Love and Just Go With It at least 100 times each now!
6. Keurig, how I love thee! The best thing we have ever invested in is our $179 Platinum Keurig coffee machine. If you love coffee and you do not own one of these machines, you must not walk but RUN to the nearest store and get you one!
7. I am a purse snob. I only carry Coach. Sue me, I like nice shit!
8. I can eat tacos or some Mexican related food at least once a week…usually more!
9. I have blue eyes.
10. I have a little sister who is 5 years younger than me named Tracy.
11. I am one of those crazy people who goes shopping on Black Friday. Guilty! Last year my mom and I set a new record for ourselves, we shopped 18 hours straight with no sleep! Gotta love a good sale! To be honest with you, even if we didn’t score amazing deals each year I would totally do it for pure entertainment. People are freaking CRA CRA out there! Nothing makes me laugh more than the entertainment of the actions of the stupid!
And now, questions from Katie!
1- What are you looking forward to the most in the next upcoming year?
I look forward to settling into my new married life, getting our house set up and decorated the way we like, and just seeing what life has to offer in the future.
2- Who is your favorite musician and/or band?
I really can’t pick just one. I listen to so many different types of music depending on my mood! I love pop, country, alternative, rock, rap, and anything Christmas!
3- What was your favorite food as a child?
I am a Yankee, and up north we eat pierogies. So my favorite food was my mom or my great aunt’s homemade pierogies. Yum!!! Also, my mom makes amazing homemade BBQ sauce, so anything BBQ by her and homemade fries to go with it.
4- What was the last movie/TV show/book that made you cry or tear up?
I tear up a lot. Just last night when we were watching the news, a story came on about this man who killed the family dog because his ex wife wanted custody of it. They started showing pictures of the American Bulldog and he looked so sweet and I started to tear up for the stupid pointlessness of this horrible crime. He slit the dogs throat and sent the picture of it to his ex. I think he deserves to have someone do the same to him, sicko!
5- Which do you prefer: Morning, Noon, or Night?
I am probably the most alive in the afternoon, but usually more fun happens at night.
6- What is one thing you do every morning without fail even if you are running late?
Make myself a cup of iced coffee to go!
7- What is a big pet peeve of yours?
Do I have to pick just one? Haha!
8- Have any hidden talents or hobbies?
Not really. I like to pretend I am good at crafting.
9- Coffee or tea?
Both! I love coffee and have some every morning, and I like most teas. My favorite tea right now is Mango Green Tea and I try to have at least one cup a day of some sort of green tea.
10- What is one of your favorite memories?
Any memories of my Grandma Jerry. I miss her every day.
11- What’s one awesome thing that happened to you this week?
We have a 3 day work week, anytime off is awesome in my book!
Questions for my nominees.
1. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. What kind of car do you drive?
4. What is your favorite store?
5. What is one thing you have learned that you wished you had known sooner?
6. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. Are you going to make any resolutions for 2013?
9. What is one tradition that you do every Christmas?
10. If money was not an issue, what would you do as your “career” that would make you happy?
11. What type of style do you follow in home decor for your home?
Who am I nominating?
I love Revenge too! But, I must admit- I’m about 3 episodes behind!!!
Revenge is so addicting! I don’t think a new episode came on this past Sunday, which was just awful.