I am going to do today’s Friday Five beach style. That’s right! One of my favorite vacation destinations is the beach. It doesn’t matter what beach…just give me the ocean and some sand and I am one happy girl! My husband’s family has a condo in Gulf Shores, Alabama and we try to visit there at least once a year, sometimes more if we can squeeze it in! There are 5 things that are musts for my beach trips!
1. The views. Duh! There is nothing more beautiful than the ocean, some white sand and the sun (or moon for that matter.) I love to just stare at the ocean while we are down there. Hear the waves crashing in, the sun rising and setting. It really makes you appreciate the beauty in life and nature.
2. The food! We have a routine every time we come to the beach it seems. We go to the grocery store and get stuff to make sandwiches and the purple bag of Dorito’s (Spicy Sweet Chili). It is the only time I ever eat Dorito’s, so I make the most of it! We also try to grab some meats to grill out one night. My other favorite thing to do is hit up some of our favorite restaurants! Our number one choice is Calypso Joe’s. It has a wonderful atmosphere and overlooks the marina. I love to sit outside and enjoy the wonderful food!
3. The hot tub. We have several hot tubs in our condo complex. Our favorite thing to do is go sit in the outdoor hot tub at night with some adult beverages. You can see the ocean from there and it is so relaxing and amazing. Sometimes there are other people down there and you can make some new friends! We always do!
4. The pool. Sometimes it gets too hot in the hot tub, and we hit up the pool! I love just floating around in there. You can see the ocean from the pool too, see a theme?
5. The outlet mall. We have an outlet mall about 20 minutes from my house, but it isn’t that big. The outlet mall down here is amazing! I love hitting up some of my favorite stores there!
What is your favorite thing about going to the beach? Have a great weekend!