Oh hey there, June. What??? Seriously, someone please tell me how it is June?? Anyways, I am watching my nephews today. Crazy how the school year is over, right?? Zoe loves getting to spend time with her cousins! She got to see another one of her cousins at her grandmothers house earlier this week. It was really cute, because when we came home that night she kept pointing to his picture on the refrigerator. My sister and I also plan to see my mom tomorrow for lunch to celebrate Mother’s Day. She was at the beach that weekend and we haven’t gotten to see her since. Someone asked me how she was doing since her surgery on her shoulder, and she is doing well. She is in physical therapy right now and told me just the other day that she road her bike at the beach every night, so clearly she is feeling a little better! Other than that, I am not sure what else is on the agenda for this weekend. Definitely grass cutting at some point too. It is never ending over here. Since I just did an add it to your list and currently post this week, I wanted to share some moments and thoughts this Friday instead of doing favorites.
- Memorial Day was full of memories in more than one way. Zoe got her first taste of solids!!! We started on pureed sweet potatoes, but I plan to do a mix of purees and baby led weaning style foods. Zoe licked the spoon a few times and didn’t spit any out, so we are calling it a win. She still isn’t sure what to think about it though, we have tried twice since and she only had a few licks and is over it. She stares very contently at anything we are eating though. I think that is why baby led weaning is going to be the better option.
2. I am trying to get back on the healthy wagon. I don’t know why it has been such a struggle for me after having Zoe. I am sitting here 5 months postpartum and completely unhappy and disgusted with my body, and yet lack the motivation to do something about it. I haven’t been eating too terribly bad 100% if the time, but it hasn’t been good either. And the workouts. I just cant seem to make it a priority to fit them in right now. It will require me to wake up super early and get them done before Zoe wakes up. The problem is, I have an hour and a half window of her usual wake up time, so I need to wake up and get that work out in and be done before the earliest that she could be up. And that is really freaking early and mommy is tried from working full time and raising an infant. And life in general.
Having the Apple Watch has helped, because I make sure I at least hit my stand goals for the day. And I try to get at least 50% of my move goal and at least 10 minutes of an accelerated heart rate to be considered a “work out”, but I need to do better. Sooooo this is what my lunches have been looking like. I dont hate it.
What I am trying to say is, I need to make this a priority again and stop bitching about it in my head. So I am putting it out there today to hold myself accountable. Amy posted about doing a midyear reset of sorts yesterday and it was perfect to hear because it is where I am too. If anyone has any tips on how to squeeze a workout in to a jam packed day, let me know! My only option is to workout from home and I have weights and a step and a treadmill and I do YouTube workouts a lot. I need to whip Jillian back out and let her kick my ass too. Woof.
3. Snuggle time is my favorite time. While it can be super frustrating that Zoe fights her naps and sometimes sleep at night, that is when she gives her best snuggles.
4. Target has been killing it lately with their clothes, for both adults and kids. I shared the items I ordered during the dress sale this week. Which, memorial day they were offering an additional 20% off!!! I went to a different Target near my office on Monday and scored some major deals on kids clearance! They grow like weeds and I feel like every two or three months I am on the search to complete the next size up for her wardrobe. I like to do it all on clearance if I can! How cute is that mermaid rash guard swimsuit? She has an red/white/blue anchor swimsuit in a smaller size to wear at the beach too. Cant wait to see those on!
5. People are always commenting on how Zoe looks just like Chris. Which she does. But my mom reminded me this week that she does look very similar to me at that age too. I think she might be on to something….
What do you have planned for this weekend?
Aww she’s a great mix of the both of you 🙂 Target is pretty spot on with their clothes – especially baby clothes!! Love the little stuff so much 🙂 Have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston
instead of doing a full 40/45mins of work in one shot, do 10mins of hard work instead….. i used to do that – 10mins 3x/day but you kill yourself during those 10mins. not as easy as it sounds!
i also just got a bunch of new clothes for K’s bday; some of the girl stuff is so cute i think – why can’t this come in adult sizes?!
Aww first real food is so exciting! I highly recommend quick HIIT workouts – much easier to fit in. Or even tabatas!! I followed the Bikini Body Mommy 4.0 workouts after having Lucy and LOVED them – SO quick and great results. (Free on youtube).
I totally see you in Zoe!!! Jealous of all your Target finds – I wish we still had it in Canada! Have a great weekend!!!
Baby girl clothes are just so cute!!! That mermaid swimsuit!! I’m with Kathy – short bursts of high intensity, but that salad looks delicious too. I love her cute little messy face after eating, and I think she’s a good mix between the two of you. 🙂 Hope you guys have a good weekend!
I think she looks like you! That picture solidifies it! Target always has the cutest clothes for us and kids! It’s why I spend 90% of my paycheck there. Ha! So I have been thinking of turning my blog Facebook page into a place where everyone can share tips on healthy eating and working out. I am really struggling, too, for no reason other than life. I’ve been eating terribly and aside from walking some, I haven’t worked out at all. I lack motivation and need all the help I can get.
That girly just lights up the room, just like her pretty mama! I know it’s tough when you’re not feeling good post baby but just keep trying to eat healthy most of the time and move as much as you can and it will happen! I love Zoe’s anchors, what a cute outfit! She sure does look like you as a baby! Such sweetness and hope your weekend is awesome!
Yay for solids! Funnily enough Serena hated the sweet potatoes, but girlfriend LOVES her bananas! She is the perfect blend of both of you, and just too cute! I always ask Serena, “Why don’t you look like mommy?!” She is 99.9% my husband lol 😛
Target really does have the cutest baby clothes. I was looking at them yesterday… for no reason whatsoever except they’re cute 😉
Enjoy all those snuggles. They grow up so fast & you’ll cherish all of them
Target does have some great clothing! They really have stepped up their game. Oh man Little Zoe is so cute. I think she looks just like her momma! They grow up so fast. Have a great weekend.
I love the lil mermaid suit for Miss Zoe. So cute. 🙂
Aw, I hear you so much. I’m two YEARS postpartum and disgusted with my body and habits. I assumed I’d jump right back on the wagon but that was because we really have NO IDEA how lifechanging it is to have a child until we have a child. Now I am too tired and busy all the time to care about working out and making healthy food. I am trying again, but not being too strict like I was before Caleb. Right now I am just trying to make small changes and make healthier choices a little at a time.
I’ve been positively RAIDING Target lately, myself, to find clothes for kiddo. She’s been going through a growth spurt lately, and what I can’t find at the thrift stores and consignment stores (because I refuse to buy new/expensive clothes that she can’t wear three months later) I get at Target.
Wow Zoe looks so much like you as a baby! I hear ya on all the cute clothes at Target. I find myself wanting to buy baby stuff and I don’t even have a child!!! LOL
Zoe is just too cute! And those Target outfits are adorable!!
I should be eating healthier and getting more exercise in, too =/ And I don’t even have an infant excuse! I can’t imagine trying to balance all that + a baby! You’re doing great!
At home workouts have been my savior lately. I swear that 30 minute sweat fest makes me feel so much better and like I actually accomplished something.
Target is killing it lately! And I can’t get over all her fun faces!
Those photos of your little lady and baby clothes are too cute! I love them! 🙂 I can totally understand the struggle to be healthy, and I don’t have an infant. All I can say is, baby steps! It’s so tough. It sounds like your goals right now have you on the right track for making some changes. 🙂 XO – Alexandra
Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things
Zoe DOES look a lot like you as a baby! How cute! And Target definitely has been on point with cute baby clothes!
Let me know what you find that works for you with getting back into shape with a newborn. I have definitely thought about what that might be like.