For the month of January, the Choose Your Own Adventure Challenge theme was “complete.”
Let’s take a look at the goals I set out to complete and how I actually did.
1. Make eye doctor appointment – LOL yeah, no. In my defense, I received a heads up from my insurance company that I would owe almost $300 for some lab work I had done in December so any other medical appointments have been put on hold. I never in my life have seen a bill so high for some blood work. WTF?!?!? Don’t get me started on health insurance. I have serious RAGE.
2. Finish cleaning out the dog room/my office – I did do some more work but am not completely finished. We ended up focusing more on the basement this month. I also need to figure out what I am going to do with my three boxes of glasses sitting in there. So there’s that.
3. Gather research on plants that purify the air inside the home – I did a good bit of research and will start composing a post regarding this as promised! It might be awhile, there is so much to share!!!
4. Gather information and start planning spring garden – I started gathering information on herbs but not veggie plants yet. I will get to this and share as well. I want to sit down with my sister and get her opinion on what is feasible for me to be successful with given our space and such.
5. Purchase at least two things for the gallery wall – I did get one thing, so we will call that half done! It is better than nothing, OK!!! Again, we focused on the basement this month.
I did complete a few other things this month that weren’t even official listed goals! One of them was removing 24 shirts from my closet that either currently do not fit or I will no longer want to wear. While I have a lot more to go through with clothes, I felt really good about this!
The theme for February is “create.” This is probably my weak area right now. I can organize the shit out of a room. Finishing my craft projects and stuff? I need to focus better on this, they always seem to take the back burner. I have so many awesome ideas and I need to work on them.
Anyways, I am babbling. My goals for create will be:
1. Create a completely new to me recipe with something that I do not have much experience cooking. I try lots of new recipes, but they usually revolve around the same basic ingredients of chicken, beef, turkey, mexican, italian, or asian food. I want to branch out even more.
2. ?? I am in the middle of designing something that I will share at a later date. It needs to be done in the next week or two so I am putting it up here to hold myself accountable.
3. Work on a DIY project for my office decor.
4. Create a DIY project piece for the gallery wall.
5. Create a work space in the office area.
On a side note, I think this in pretty, sparkly letters might be my DIY for my office…
These five goals are quite lofty for me. I am hoping I don’t crap the bed on this month!
Are you linking up for February? What do you want to create? I would love to hear! I may add more creative projects to my seasonal goals.
ooh i love a good diy. one day i’ll do a gallery wall!!
I’d say you did pretty good in January! A lot of the time starting is the hardest part. I’m really interested in that plant post! I used to have the brownest thumb (a stark contrast to my mother, a gardening extraordinaire) but I’ve managed to keep a few plants my mom potted for me alive over the past three years. It being winter though I’d love to improve the stuffy air in here 🙂
I feel like my creative juices have been drained or something. Last month I just felt totally uninspired in the creative department. And tell me–there’s no better feeling than a cleaned out closet, am I right?!
I really like “Do Epic Shit” as a motto! And I think I’m going to struggle with the create month, too. I was all excited about it when I made my goals about a week ago, but then there was a horrible crafting project that just destroyed my enthusiasm for more creative projects. We’ll see. I have a whole month to recover, I suppose.
I want to have an indoor herb garden! But I’m not sure we have a good place for plants where they’ll get enough sunlight. Maybe they could be outside and I would still remember to water them…
I need to go to the eye doctor but the air puff in the eye as well as dialation of my pupils makes me procrastinate, can’t they just ask me if I can see shit and we can move on? I know all those tests are because I’m OLD!
I love that Do Epic Shit. So, do that one! LOL
I’m not well with creating either.
I think you made good progress in January and as a bonus got your basement together and did a pretty good purge! I wish we had more room to grow vegetables but we don’t. And where we do have room is shaded.
Nice job on January goals! Whoop! Plus, the closet one totally counts even though it wasn’t official. Also, while you’re making that glittery, do epic shit, I’d like one too! I still need to work on our tiger ones!! 🙂
I have been wanting to do a gallery wall for like 3 years and it has yet to happen! But I swear it’s gonna happen this year!! It’s got to – my big den wall looks really sad:(
I love your goals for Feb!!! I can’t wait to see all the DIY you come up with! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston
Good job on your January goals! Yikes, $300 for blood work AFTER insurance has paid their part?? What the heck? Great job on getting rid of old clothes! I’ve gone through my closet recently but I need to do it again!
Great job on the closest clean out! I got rid of some stuff a couple months back but I need another, more honest, go at my closet. Good luck this month!
A veggie garden will be great! The Epic pic would be great all glittery!
oh WELL i was just about to research spring gardening/when to start/how to start AND indoor plants so I’ll save myself some time and wait for your post! Thanks!! (:
i need that print on my office wall but with a 6yr old who asks about everything…maybe that will have to wait until she’s older!
my “create” project for February will be to create a cozy Command Center! i’ve been lurking pinterest already 🙂
I absolved myself from all gardening related tasks. I hate gardening. My husband can have that job.
I think you set some great goals for yourself, and I love that you’re getting crafty. I am not. I am not a crafty person and it’s even worse when I don’t feel like doing it. Hell, I can’t even bring myself to change pictures in a frame. There’s no way I’m creating anything from scratch.
Looking forward to your air purifier post. We need to do something like that in our house, too.
oooh i cant wait for the air purifing plants post. i have done light – very light – research in that area too but never enough to do anything about it. i am not a crafty person at all so i cant wait to see what diys you come up with, and love the recipe idea for something you’re not experienced with! such a good idea.
Oh man, I am a sucker for a good to do list. But I would be too embarrassed to post mine, since I tend to throw in pointless things like, “Wake up in the morning” just so I can check it off and feel accomplished! haha!
Anyhoo, I stumbled upon your blog through a fellow blogger and thought I would just stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same – or better yet! Keep in touch! <3 – http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com
Well I think focusing on the basement makes up for the other areas, no big deal! I’m definitely looking forward to your plant posts, sounds interesting. Good luck creating this month! You got this.
Ugh, health insurance! Nothing infuriates (and confuses) me more sometimes. Good for you for cleaning out your closet! That seems like such a chore but I’m always thrilled with the results. I can’t wait to see how your new goals go! 🙂
I cant wait to see your goal play out girlie… And I want that “do epic shit” sign as well! Go you!
I like your goals. It will be fun to see your diy office decor. I’m working on finding less expensive decor ideas. Thanks for linking up and can’t wait to see what you accomplish.
I want a gallery wall, too! My goal is after we get married to make one with different “P” letters and whanot (his late name).