Favorite Moments: Receiving sweet sweet packages for my birthday this week!!! Monday I opened the mailbox to find a surprise from Andrea. She is one of the sweetest bloggers out there and if you don’t know her yet, I am not quite sure what you are doing with your life??
Chris spoiled me on my birthday with a pandora bracelet, a new band for my Apple watch, Jouer Skinny Dip, and another item that is on it’s way. He brought home a slice of cookie cake for each of us, Reeses, M&Ms and my favorite wine. So sweet!
My MIL came by to spend some time with Zoe and I and brought me caramel cupcakes from a local bakery that were absolutely amazing! I enjoyed Rose in a can that we picked up last weekend…
I got lots of birthday snuggles from Zoe too! She is such a sweetie. Is this baby Zoe or ET???
Favorite (Almost Free) Purchase: I have had my eyes on the rose gold Adidas Superstars forever. I was obsessed with this shoe in high school and owned three pairs. I am so happy to see them sitting in my closet again! And you guys, I got these shoes for free!!! I don’t know if you have heard of Ibotta or not, but that is how I was able to get these shoes. I had saved up my money on my account until I hit $80 an then cashed that money out to paypal to order my shoes.
If you don’t already have Ibotta, consider signing up with my link. We both benefit. My referral code is ptgvoaa. All you do is look in the app after you go grocery shopping and add anything you purchased, then send a picture of your receipt. Easy peasy. It only took me a few month to accumulate as much money as I did! I say, if you are going to buy the stuff anyways….get some extra money for it! You can cash in your money for Paypal or a gift card to a few select places. FREE MONEY PEOPLE!
**This is not a sponsored shout out, I just wanted to share because free money is awesome and I may get a few dollars added to my account if you sign up, but so will you!**
You guys. I turn 34 today. Well, 30. The 4 is silent. Obviously. The thing is, my thirties have been my favorite years yet. I feel much more comfortable in my own skin, I care less and less of others opinions, I know what is important to me, Chris and I have found a good balance in our life, and of course…Zoe has brought more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined and I am so thankful everyday for our sweet sweet family.
Shout out to my birthday twin, Kate!!! We were born on the exact same day in the exact same year. How cool is that? We almost managed to have birthday twin daughters, Zoe is just a few weeks younger than S!
I thought I would share 34 things about me. I always like learning new facts about people, and who doesn’t like a list? Danielle shared her 34 things about her recently too.
1.I am originally from Pennsylvania. I have also lived in Missouri and Georgia. I lived in Atlanta the longest and felt most myself there, but Birmingham is feeling more and more like home these days.
2. My Spotify playlists are all over the board. More often than not, you will find me listening to music that is at least 10 years old or more. Isn’t the music from whenever you were in high school/college your favorite?
3. I graduated from the University of West Georgia with my BBA in Real Estate. I still work in the real estate field today.
4. My first memory is of when I was two and walking in my grandmother’s yard barefoot, getting stung by a bee. Still traumatized today, as I tend to run anytime a bee flies near me.
5. My favorite toy growing up was my Care Bear. Love-a-Lot to be more specific. She went everywhere with me. True story, I slept with her in my bed until I was 22 and brought Gracie home. I was afraid that she would try to eat her, so she stayed in my closet after that.
6. On my 18th birthday, my parents present to me is the butterfly tattoo that is on my right shoulder blade. My dad drew it for me. There are two hearts, one on each wing, that are in memory of my Grandma Jerry and Grandpa Carl.
7. The only bone in my body that I have ever broken is my big toe.
8. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.
9. My first car was a bright red 1993 Jeep Cherokee.
10. I played the flute all through middle and high school.
11. My favorite colors are pink and purple.
12. The only country I have visited is Canada when I was ten years old. My sister was five.
13. I have been to 19 states: Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.
14. I never went to prom. In fact, my senior year I worked on prom night.
15. My first job was at Kirkland’s. I started at the one located at Mall of Georgia and worked for the company until my first “real job” after college. I am still friends with my boss who hired me.
16. When I was a freshman in high school, my dad won tickets to a Matchbox 20 concert for me. It was my very first concert, and to this day, Hang is still one of my most favorite songs.
17. I have young parents. My mom always says that we grew up together. I have no clue how she did it, since I am nearly twice the age she was when she had me. She did such an amazing job with Tracy and I. I hope that I can have a close relationship with Zoe. One of my main worries is that I am an “old” parent.
18. My absolute favorite food is my mom’s homemade pierogies. She makes them every year for Christmas.
19. My favorite season is fall. There is something special about that first fall morning. You know the one….where it has a little crisp in the air and you can literally smell fall. All the gorgeous leaves, the cooler temperatures, the jewel toned clothing, football season. I am a fall girl!
20. Chris and I met on a dating site. We prove that they can have a happy ending!!! Today that isn’t so uncommon, but some people gave us a hard time about it back then.
21. For NCAA, I am an Alabama fan all the way. My second favorite team is Georgia. I cheer for the Steelers and the Falcons in NFL.
22. I prefer cookie cake to actual cake. In fact, I don’t like actual cake except for the icing.
23. Cookie Dough and Mint Chocolate Chip are my favorite ice cream flavors.
24. We all collect something, don’t we? My collections include antique character glasses and Chris and I have a pretty large vintage video game collection going. Also, I love designer purses and sunglasses and have a little stash of each. Treat yo self, I say.
25. I am an INFJ.I have taken the test several times over the years and always end up with the same outcome.
26. I can decide pretty easily on big life decisions if I like a car or a house, but please don’t ask me to pick where to eat.
27. When I was little, my dad worked two jobs and was a volunteer fire fighter. One of this two jobs was a paramedic. I loved when he would take me for ambulance rides. Anytime we were in downtown Greensburg, I would start saying Angel II Angel II and he would drive me by Angel II, the medical helicopter.
28. My first dog was a Dalmatian that my sister and I named Lucky, after our favorite Dalmatian in the 101 Dalmatian movie. My dad was actually excited that is what we wanted, as he had a Dalmatian named Sparky when he worked as a fire fighter.
29. I have always been shy. So much so, that my Kindergarten teacher tried to hold me back telling my mom that I wasn’t emotionally ready for first grade. My mom thought that was total crap and pushed me on anyways. I excelled all through school with my grades, so she made the right choice.
30. I can’t swim. My mom took me to swimming lessons at the YMCA in the second grade and part of the training was being thrown into the 12 foot end of the pool to do jumping jacks. That scared me for life. I made such a fuss and was so scared, my mom was embarrassed and we quit my lessons.
31. Chris proposed to me at Stone Mountain a little over a month after we started dating. I said yes and here we are over seven years later. Sometimes you just know what you want.
32. My little sister is the strongest person I know. I am thankful for her every. single. day.
33. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
34. I have never been to Disney World. I have been at a resort inside the park for work and got to see the fireworks show at night, but never actually got to visit the park. Now that we have Zoe, we are so going!!!!!!!!! If it is the only place I get to cross off my bucket list places to visit, I will be happy.
In honor of my birthday, treat yoself to something today. Since it is my birthday, the calories don’t count!
We are watching a Beauty and the Beast remix video and Chris says…
There’s no doubt about it, we will give this guy a like. Maybe he’s doing a thing where he gets 500 likes and he will finally wash his hair.”
Random comment about someone’s expression…
That guy looks sad that Blockbuster is gone.
While playing Mario…
He’s the asshole throwing animals out of the sky. Where’s PETA now?????
Chris was watching Tomorrowland (music festival) in our basement. He comes upstairs looking defeated…
My sub died. I emailed the guy from Polk Audio “I’m watching Tomorrowland and my sub died. I is sad.”
Me: You literally said “I is sad” in the email?
Chris: Of course.
Funny story, they sent him parts to fix his sub. His email must of pulled at their heart strings.
I was getting dressed for work and trying to find something in my closet that actually fits me.
Me: How do I look?
Chris: Dressy. Do you have an interview today or something?
I am now wondering how I look every other day to make him think this???? LOL
I am making homemade spaghetti sauce on Sunday evening. I have it simmering in the pot while I am in Zoe’s room playing with her. I come out to stir it, and I catch Chris eating it by the spoonful right out of the pot….
Me: Ha!!! Caught you red handed!
Chris: I was just tasting. This is definitely store bought!
Me: Ummmm what the fuck, are you serious right now??
Me: You were standing with me in the aisle when I was getting all the supplies and telling you I was making homemade sauce.
Chris: Oh, well I was confused because it was really good and I was trying to play it down because I thought it was store bought sauce.
Thirty minutes later while we are eating dinner….
Chris: This sauce is really good.
Me: Mmm hmm
He did end up dipping some cheese in it later that night. I guess he liked it? LOL
Birmingham Restaurant Week started on Friday, so Laura and I headed over to Saigon to check out their special menu. I ordered the chicken spring rolls and the Good Ga Bahn Mi. It was delicious!!!! I also got a Briney Melon because Friday. Can’t wait to see where we hit up this week!
Saturday morning I cut the side yard and had burned 557 calories while doing so. Hurrah! Most of it was probably sweat. Damn, was it hot and humid!!! My sister, BIL and the boys stopped by to hang out for a little bit so that is always fun! Chris and I then decided to head out to grab some lunch somewhere and check out Bargain Hunt. We ended up at Soho Social. We ordered the chicken tender meal and the short rib burger meal and split them, and of course we had to have sweet potato fries with gorgonzola dip! It was fun just hanging out for a little bit. Zoe really enjoyed sitting in the big girl high chair and taking in her surroundings too. After, we stopped by Hop City to pick up some fun beers for home. Zoe made out at Bargain Hunt. I got everything in the picture below for $16 and some change!!! Two shirts for the next size up, an outfit to wear now, a pool float for next summer and some baby legos. Score!!!!
I grabbed the Atalanta Plum Tart Saison by Orpheus Brewing out of Atlanta. This is one of my favorites, it is so good and different with the plum!!! If you like sour beers (but not crazy sour) give this one a try!!!!
Sunday I cut the front yard, fed Zoe lunch and then we all headed out to grab Mexican at Casa Fiesta. They have one of my most favorite Mexican dishes out of anywhere. Their flautas are seriously the bomb.com. (I am bringing it back.) We walked around Best Buy and ended up coming home with like 15 Blue Rays. Their sales get Chris every time. Lets see how many we actually watch lol. Then we did our grocery shopping for the week.
When we got home, we watched Younger and watched someone scoot themselves all over the living room and pull up on everything. Can someone please tell me why she looks 4 feet tall when standing. They grow too fast!!!!
And this picture….be still my heart….
I hope you all had a wonderful week!!! It’s my birthday week, so I plan to treat myself to some Rose and treats! Linking up with Biana.
Never ever have I felt more TGIF than I do today!!! This first week of daycare has been rough on this mama. Monday morning when I dropped Zoe off, I pretty much cried in the car on the way there, sobbed in the hallway after I dropped her off….and didn’t stop until I got to work. Zoe didn’t nap her first day, and she hasn’t really been napping well all week. She comes home exhausted and she has only been there four days and already has a super stuffy nose. Dirty daycare babies. I am thankful that her teachers love on her and have been super awesome. It has made the transition a little easier. One of them literally tells her that she loves her everyday when we leave. It is the sweetest. I also like how when we walk in the building and every single person who works there knows her name and says good morning to her.
Favorite Moments: Making the most out of every second I get to spend with my baby during the week.She has been extra snuggly in the evenings and that has been awesome. Also, can we talk about how she looks so grown up in that first picture??? Stop it!!!
Laura is the bestest friend ever, and grabbed lunch with me at Soho Social Monday. She knew I was going to have a hard day since she has already been through all of this and sacrificed herself for delicious beer, sweet potato fries and gorgonzola dip…and listening to me. Thanks Laura, you are the best!!!!!
Favorite Recipe: We are getting really close to football season!!! It is time to start pinning all the apps again. I want to find a good balance of splurge and healthier options. This avocado crack dip looks so good!
Favorite Lust: I shared my birthday wish list with you guys earlier this week. So basically all of that!!! I need to find a bag for Zoe to take back and forth to daycare everyday. She is the only kid in her class who doesn’t have one. Basically it will just hold her bottles, food and snacks and her paci. And the teachers may throw in anything that needs to go home. Should I do a shoulder bag or backpack??? I cant decide!!!
Linking up with Amanda. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!